Project Heart Start is dedicated to saving the lives of victims of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest through education of all capable citizens to perform compression-only CPR and to encourage and facilitate the placement and proper utilization of automated external defibrillators (AED).
– Barry W. Ramo, MD, FACC, Director of Project Heart Start
Project Heart Start (PHS) is dedicated to training all able individuals to perform compression-only CPR (COCPR) and to encourage and facilitate the placement and utilization of automated external defibrillators (AED). We hope to make New Mexico a healthier place to live.
Participants will learn to:
- assess a victim of Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- call 911
- correctly perform chest compressions
- recognize the signs of a heart attack
- save someone who is choking by performing the Heimlich maneuver ( abdominal thrusts )
- use an AED